We have been made aware of an email that has gone out questioning the viability and integrity of Talybont-on-Usk Community Council. There has been reasonable concern about a large number of resignations on the the council and the effect it may have on the community.
We can assure you that your council is quorate, informed on all legal and electoral matters and moving forward with purpose. We have been regularly in touch with the Senior Election Officer for Powys and also the Scrutiny Manager and Head of Democratic Services at Powys as well as the Monitoring Officer. We are always in communication with, and a member of, One Voice Wales, the national representative for community councils in Wales. These experts in council governance have been both advisory in future steps and encouraging in what we have already done.
At the last council meeting we passed many proposals to make the council compliant with statutory requirements that had not been put into place as well as those for better community engagement.
• A requisite training plan for all councillors for ‘Code of Conduct’ and ‘Councillor Induction’
• A policy for all emails to be replied to promptly and cc’d to the Clerk
• Organising a community forum to heal community division
• Establishing a Talybont-on-Usk Biodiversity plan with members of the community.
• An annual report to be posted on the website
• A policy to notify the public as all information is disclosed regarding Gilestone et al.
• A policy to keep the public up-to-date with local information through social media
• Posting a policy for complaints and FOI requests on our website
• Posting a policy for The Wellbeing of Future Generations Acto on our website
Our Annual Meeting is scheduled for May 15th when a new chair (and vice) will be elected, new councillors will be coopted and committee appointments will be made. A new council will be formed as it is every year. We will continue to be intent on serving the public.
Leave a Reply.
These are posts we have shared on Facebook.
Our Community Council is registered
with Powys County Council.
all rights reserved